Info :English | 101 Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Applications| ISBN: 978-0735618916| 9.2 MB
Explore 101 of the most useful Visual Basic .NET applications in action—and jumpstart your own Microsoft .NET Framework-based development projects. This guide provides expert, behind-the-code commentary on 101 fully executable code samples—distilling more than 700 hours of programming time into best practices for Microsoft Windows Forms development. Each code sample demonstrates core features and functions of Visual Basic .NET and the .NET Framework, explains the underlying programming concepts, and provides a complete code walkthrough. From creating basic data entry forms to drilling deep into the .NET Framework, you’ll learn the techniques that Microsoft’s own developers use to write real-world applications with Visual Basic .NET.
Get code, comments, and instruction to help you:
- Build smart client applications using Windows Forms
- Use Microsoft ADO.NET to build data-centric applications
- Master advanced .NET-based techniques: threading, remoting, and serialization
- Use GDI+ to manipulate images and animate your solutions
- Use performance counters and the Event Log to monitor the OS and instrument your applications
- Exploit COM+ features such as transactions and role-based security
- Implement application security features such as encryption and authentication
- Automate Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer using COM Interop
- Create and deploy add-ins for Microsoft Visual Studio
- Enable application messaging via MSMQ
- Create and consume Web services
- See how to use what’s new in Visual Studio .NET 2003 and .NET Framework 1.1
- Learn how Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003 impacts application development and support .